Friends Association for Integrated Revolution (FAIR) is a youth initiated registered human rights based non-profit, non-government, voluntary Organization established on 10 May 1995.
FAIR is a movement initiated by the youth of Bangladesh devoted to assist the socially excluded and marginalized people of Bangladesh. FAIR was founded by Dewan Akhtaruzzaman and his 4 (four) friends while they had been studying in university with a view to establish socially, economically and culturally equitable, violent and discrimination free society.
A just equal and sustainable society free from all discriminations
To ensure rights of the underprivileged especially socially excluded people by promoting good governance, human rights and social & economic justice, enhancing human values and social responsibility through right based approach and coordination & collaboration among the people where everyone enjoy their rights & dignity equally.
What We Are Doing
Legal Status of the organization:
The organization has established functional association and affiliation with the following government departments:
Registration No. under voluntary welfare agencies (Registration & control) ordinance, 1961: No. Kushtia-247/98, Dated: 05 October 1998.
- Registration No. under the foreign donation (voluntary activities) regulation rules, 1978: DSS/FDO/R-2533, Dated: 27 January 2010.
- Affiliation No. under Development of Youth Department, Bangladesh Kush/294, Dated 29 January, 2014
- d) Tax Identification No. under ordinance (XXXVI of 1984), TIN No. 289045525980/KC-2, Khulna. Dated: 04.11.2012
- DFID through Manusher Jonno Foundation
- DFID through Bangladesh National Women Lawyers Association
- Bangladesh NGO Foundation (BNF)
- Human Development Foundation
- Association for Land Reform and Development (ALRD)
- Academic for Educational Development (AED) through Manabik Shahajya Sangstha (MSS)
- Research Initiatives, Bangladesh (RIB)
- European Union through SETU, Kushtia
Management Structure with Leadership Pattern:
The Director is delegated by the Executive Committee (EC) to run and manage the FAIR office and oversee the implementation of all its projects. The Senior Management Team (SMT) comprising of project key persons, senior finance persons and the Director is the main decision making body for the day to day running of FAIR and reviewing compliance to policies and progress of the different activities. Regular meetings are held to review progress and issues of concern. Staff meeting is held monthly/weekly in every project. SMT meets at least once a month and the Director presides over the meeting and takes all the important decisions in a participatory manner.
General Committee (GC) is the supreme authority of the FAIR which is consisted with at least 21 members. General Body brings any amendment in the organizational structure. General body of the organization confirms the yearly organizational activities and accounts. General Committee elects the 09 members Executive Committee (EC) for two years. Director is the ex-officio of the EC. The General Committee meets at least once a year to amend constitution & all policies and approves new policy, budget, recruit auditor etc.
The Executive Committee is accountable to the General Committee for its doings and organizational management. The body is responsible for better functioning of the organizational activities. The EC meets at least once every three months.